E-ProDev
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the location where verification can be housed for districts using the E-ProDev plan as outlined in the publication

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Wiz IQ Techie Tidbit Reflection

Go down 
AuthorMessage
cferry

Wiz IQ Techie Tidbit Reflection Empty
PostSubject: Wiz IQ Techie Tidbit Reflection   Wiz IQ Techie Tidbit Reflection EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 12:01 pm

Christopher Ferry
Wiz IQ

QUESTION 1: After learning about this Techie Tidbit, how do you see it being used within a classroom?

I can use Wiz IQ to collaborate with other teachers in and out of my own building. This tool can be used in my K-1 Transition classroom in all subject areas. We can host or view presentations by teachers, administrators and community helpers. It is a great way to introduce information to the students and it also gives them the opportunity to be actively involved in the process of learning.

QUESTION 2: What do you see as the road blocks to using this Techie Tidbit?

A majority of teachers might not have the capability or knowledge for using this level of technology. Some teachers might flat out refuse to learn the program and tools out of fear of the technology itself.

QUESTION 3: How can you bring down those road blocks so that you can utilize this Techie Tidbit?

As an administrator, you can offer workshops or continuing education classes to teach the necessary skills used in this program. As a teacher, you can lead a workshop with your administrator’s permission. It will be a great way to collaborate with the teachers so they have the chance to show what they know and do not know.

QUESTION 4: What do you feel you need to learn in order to be able to use this Techie Tidbit effectively?

I would learn how to use all of the equipment associated with this program. Basic knowledge of the laptop or netbook is essential to get everything started. I must learn how to type in and interact with a website, log-in to a website and manipulate the functions of a website. I must also learn the necessary steps to calibrate the laptop to the interactive smart board. Exploring the Wiz IQ components is a key factor in gaining the confidence and knowledge to utilize this e-tool in the classroom.
Back to top Go down

Wiz IQ Techie Tidbit Reflection
Page 1 of 1