E-ProDev
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the location where verification can be housed for districts using the E-ProDev plan as outlined in the publication

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

techie tidbit reflection

Go down 
AuthorMessage
antonio

techie tidbit reflection Empty
PostSubject: techie tidbit reflection   techie tidbit reflection EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 11:38 am

ReflectionAssignment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Select one Techie Tidbit from the Powerpoint Presentation. Answer the following reflection questions on this tidbit on the Tidbit Forum link below. Click on the link below to go to this site or type in the following:

QUESTION 1: After learning about this Techie Tidbit, how do you see it being used within a classroom?

QUESTION 2: What do you see as the road blocks to using this Techie Tidbit?

QUESTION 3: How can you bring down those road blocks so that you can utilize this Techie Tidbit?

QUESTION 4: What do you feel you need to learn in order to be able to use this Techie Tidbit effectively?

I really liked the smiley box application. As a teacher, it could be used to send students happy birthday messages, greetings at the start of the year, personalized "good job" messages, etc. As a principal, I would use to this tool as a way to send happy birthday messages to my staff, reinforcements for job well done, welcome back, etc. The lessons on leadership yesterday reinforced how much people want to feel appreciated. Using smiley box gives me the opportunity to do this in a quick and fun way.

The first road block I foresee is when things get busy, forgetting to send a birthday message to a staff member. Or, sending more "good job" messages to certain staff over others. I also think face to face communication is so important, so making it a point to seek someone out to give them a pat on the back would probably mean more than an e-card.

Using my google calander to remind me of birthdays would be one way to prevent me missing a staff member's birthday. I could also use the hassle me tool to remind me weekly to send out reinforcement messages! And, I will not forget about the importance of face to face communication. Using smiley box and personalized attention will certainly make faculty and staff feel appreciated!

I think practice, practice, practice is all I need to figure out smiley box! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

techie tidbit reflection
Page 1 of 1