E-ProDev
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the location where verification can be housed for districts using the E-ProDev plan as outlined in the publication

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Google Scholar

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gina L.

Google Scholar  Empty
PostSubject: Google Scholar    Google Scholar  EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 10:15 am

QUESTION 1: After learning about this Techie Tidbit, how do you see it being used within a classroom?
I see Google Scholar being used in a high school English classroom for research papers and literary analysis. Too often I hear kids say, "I can't find a review." This seems like an awesome tool for them to use. Also, it would be interesting to see how other disciplines would decide to use this in their room. I think this would be an important tool to make readily available in the library setting, as well.

QUESTION 2: What do you see as the road blocks to using this Techie Tidbit?
The only raod block I could imagine with this is the lack of internet access. Other than that, it seems as though this would be a quick, easy solution to finding scholarly information for writing. Also, I could see older teachers, who are not as inundated with technology, not wanting to branch out and use new forms of technology within their classrooms.

QUESTION 3: How can you bring down those road blocks so that you can utilize this Techie Tidbit?
I would introduce Google Scholar in my classroom using a class set of computers. That way, I would be able to show the kids how to access the information and how to use it. Also, I would make sure that I include a professional development workshop to show my teachers how to use this. In addition, I would also suggest the use of this site on cell phones and mobile devices.

QUESTION 4: What do you feel you need to learn in order to be able to use this Techie Tidbit effectively?
I believe that I need to use Google Scholar myself in order to effectively navigate my teachers through this new piece of technology. I need to be able to show them specific examples as to where this piece of technology could be used within their classroom.
Back to top Go down

Google Scholar
Page 1 of 1